Jan 1, 2010

Shin knee-ann kwhy luh :-P 新年快樂

Thats my hill-billy Pinyin by the way ;-)

Well, the new solar year is upon us... in fact, most of the world's population has already said "Happy New Years!" to the person standing adjacent to them or to their family and friends... having said that, I just wanted to take a bit of time to update the blog, since I've been seriously lacking in that department.


2010跨年101煙火秀, originally uploaded by zeropro.

(Thats a photo of 臺北101 shooting off fireworks to celebrate the New Year in Taiwan's capital, Taipei... after which, of course, the building was named :-P More info here)

Its been quite a bit of time since I last posted and I don't blame most of you for deleting the bookmark for this blog, but I'm hoping that my new excess of spare time will remedy that.

Thanksgiving came and went.
Festivus came and went.
Christmas came and went.

And here we are, at the brink of the year 2010, and nothing has really changed. I've gotten older (as usual with new years) and I doubt I've really gotten any wiser. I'm still working on being more patient, but that is always an uphill battle so to speak. I've certainly gotten fatter, having been a "bit" lax in my gongfu practice. I have noticed that 2009 in my life has been a bit more filled with compassion. This was my first full year as a vegetarian and I've really loved the journey so far.

I really wish I knew what to write, but I'm pretty empty on word right now. I'm still waiting on my Work Visa and paperwork from the Chinese Government. My boss, Christ, has said that she expects that things will come together for a departure date in mid to late February. That is also when Chinese schools resume their year. Chinese New Year (Spring Festival/農曆新年) is February 14th this year and so schools will be out for a few days after that as well, since the festivities extend for several days.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching the Count of Monte Cristo with Becca while my newest "snapshots" are uploaded onto Flickr... check them out in an hour or two. Download the original resolution by clicking "All Sizes" above each photo.

Xinnian kuaile everybody! Make the most of this opportunity to cultivate and make progress in your mind and world. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment